Saturday, December 02, 2006

Our first adventure

Kaylee and I managed to explode our dishwasher yesterday. Well not explode, but there was water EVERYWHERE. See, the thing is that it doesn't like liquid soap.... I don't know why, but my dad told me not to put in liquid soap. Kaylee didn't know this. Our dishwasher is portable as my dad fashioned it out of one from a motorhome so that it would fit into our kitchen. In order to hook it up, you have to plug it in and attach the hose to the faucet. I hadn't shown Kaylee how to do that yet as we don't have many dishes so we've been doing most of them by hand. Now, she couldn't get it started, so I turned it on last night. The only thing is I added more soap (powder this time) not fully understanding how much she had already put in it. We turned it on and then went and chatted in my room. When we came back out, the floor was flooded. We turned the dishwasher off and threw every towel we own on the ground to clean it up. I asked my dad what we should do and he said to take as much soap out of it as possible and then just start it again. We tried scooping the water out with a cup, but the cup was too big to get it. We ended up using a ladle. It was actually quite funny. Kaylee and I had different tactics to the ladle routine. I transfered the water quickly from the dishwasher to the cup with the ladle while Kaylee took her time. Mine was twice as fast, but half as effective, so they ended up being pretty close as her's was half as fast, but twice as effective. You understand? That's all I have to say for now.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ohhhhhh man.

i predict lots of ''adventures'' such as this one hahahaha

LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!
laurz
xoxox

Anonymous said...

Where was YouTube when you really need it???

Kaylee said...

slow and steady wins the race, I guess...

turkey baster would have been nice to suck up the water - we should get one of those for the next time this happens. Oh, never mind... YOU DONT EAT MEAT. weirdo.

Anonymous said...

hahahahha! Oh the adventures you two will get into - I want to hear all about them! Sounds like a sitcom episode...!