Friday, November 24, 2006

100 Things

So I stole this idea from Nick who stole it from someone else....

Here are 100 things you may not have known about me:



  • My middle name is Alanna
  • I have an older brother and a younger sister
  • All 3 of us have the same initials (K.H.)
  • My birthday is April 19th, 1985
  • My favourite colour is Green
  • Purple is a close second
  • I'm obsessed with bows at the moment (the pretty ribbon ones - not the ones with arrows)
  • I've never been in love
  • I used to have a cat, Fluffy, but she died last year (Abby has a story that goes along with that actually, haha)
  • My parents names are Gerry and Pearl

  • I'm 1/2 Chinese (Suprise Suprise)
  • I've been to 22 countries - Canada, USA, Mexico, Spain, France, Italy, Thailand, Laos, England, Scotland, Ireland, Portugal, Morocco, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland, The Netherlands, Greece, Switzerland, Germany, and the Czech Republic.
  • I hope to travel to all the other countires in the world before I die
  • If I had one wish in the world, I would want to be fluent in every single language that ever has, or will exist.
  • My favourite food is my mom's spaghetti
  • I haven't eaten meat in 2 months
  • I've worked as a receptionist, server, theatre instructor, engraver, and now I do collections (that's all I can think of right now, but I'm sure there's more)
  • I tend to get along better with guys as friends, so all you girls out there reading this are amazing people!
  • I've lived in the same house my entire life
  • We have a cabin on the Sunshine Coast that I have also lived in my whole life - well until recently I guess because I haven't been there in ages

  • I have been involved in many activities in my lifetime, including gymnastics, figure skating, t-ball, softball, roller hockey, dance, bowling, singing, theatre - one time I came late to a roller hockey game because I had a dance recital - I will still in my dance makeup and hair. Let me tell you that not many of the 10 year old male hockey players understood me much.
  • My dad was the coach of above hockey team
  • My dad used to race corvetts for a living
  • I need to wear contacts
  • I have a fear of things touching my eye
  • I'm Claustrophobic
  • I've always wanted to go skydiving
  • I love doing adventurous things
  • I believe that the harder something is for you to accomplish (fear wise) the better the reward when you complete it
  • I believe in Karma

  • I call myself a Christian
  • I haven't been to church in a long time
  • When I was young I had a problem with staying over at friend's houses
  • I went to a child therapist for it, though It only made it worse
  • I was the most highly sensitive child - I would cry over everthing
  • I have a high stress personality
  • I'm very empathetic of other people
  • I love Gilmore Girls and Grey's Anatomy
  • I'm in love with the really geeky character on Criminal Minds
  • I'm also in love with Christian Bale

  • My favourite movies are Newsies, Notebook, and Armageddon becuase I remember what I felt like the first time I watched them
  • I LOVE to read
  • As a child my punishment for misbehaving was that I couldn't read my book before I went to bed
  • My favourite books are The Outsiders, Captain Corelli's Mandolin, and Angels and Demons
  • My favourite chocolate bar is Crunchy
  • I'm not a huge sweet person - I don't crave it very often
  • I HATE slurpees
  • I love chai tea lattes
  • I love tea in general
  • I love just looking things up on the internet fo absolutly no reason at all

  • I'm NOT a morning person
  • In fact I would rather stay up all night and then sleep right through it
  • I have a great family, seriously
  • I've been told that my standards are too high
  • I'm working on it
  • I love anything with coconut in it
  • My favourite number is 8
  • I'm a messy person though I like things to be clean
  • I'm grumpy when I have to wake up
  • I love guys with accents, though I know that having an accent doesn't make you a loveable person

  • In some parts of the world I have an accent
  • I'm pretty good at directions and finding my way around
  • I'm not very good at remembering street names
  • Or peoples name
  • Or lines
  • Or anything for that matter
  • I want to be married on a beach and honeymoon with a backpack in India... or Venice
  • Everytime I see one of those World Vision commercials I want to cry
  • I'm not big into drinking, but I have my moments
  • I've never smoked pot

  • I've had a barbed fish hook stuck in my hand before and my dad had to pull it out on the boat with a pair of rusty needle nose pliers while my mom kept me from watching him do it
  • I've never broken a bone (knock on wood)
  • I think my blood type is O+
  • I have my Open Water Diving Certificate
  • I was the top Automotive 11 student in my High School
  • One of my high school friends that I met through Auto was killed in an accident in the Auto shop of my school in my grade 11 year.
  • I went to Montgomery Elementary and Middle, and Centennial High
  • I've always wanted to own a motorcycle
  • I used to have a rock and shell collection that I refused to let my mom throw away
  • I used to make my mom tuck me in for bed with all of my stuffed animals because I though they all had feelings and I couldn't show favouritism by sleeping with just one

  • To fall asleep at night when I have too much on my mind, I try to block out everything and just concentrate on counting my inhales and exhales.... works everytime
  • I love highlighting stuff to the extent where I would highlight so much of my notes that it would be pointless because everything was highlighted
  • I love the sound of high heels clicking on hard floors
  • I play with my hair alot, which makes me look dumb
  • My first kiss was with a boy named Brock
  • My first real kiss was when I was 16
  • I love swimming
  • I get motion sickness reallllly easily
  • I love being a passanger in cars during thunder storms
  • I love the snow, though I hate to drive in it

  • I've rear-ended someone, been involved in a rear-ender, backed into a cement lamp post at Cap, backed into my dad's truck, was parked at work when someone hit my car and ran, and finally wrote my car off
  • When I finally got out of my car and looked at it when I wrote it off, I threw-up all over the sidewalk
  • My dad's best friend put my boyfriend at the time through a very funny fake lie detector test when they first met
  • My dream job would involve performing, travelling, and dealing with people - so far I seem to be heading into a tourism career
  • I hate flying
  • I love seafood
  • I hate fake people
  • I love country music
  • I love quotes
  • I really want kids, but not for a while yet

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

you sure are a grumpster in the mornings! but i love it! because i get to make fun of you. heeeheee.. STEEEAMMMM ROLLER.

love you asian face.
xoxoxoxoo

Anonymous said...

Kimmy,
It was actually frightening to see how much we have in common!!! Who knew?!!!!!!!!

Long live Christian Bale!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Well, for one I can vouch for basically ALL of those things... ESPECIALLY the motion sickness one... I had to suffer with sitting backwards on the trains and busses for fear of having vomit in my hair for the day!!

I didn't know you got tucked in with ALL your stuffed animals though... I bet I know where mine were when they went missing!!!! (I'll get you back one of these days!!)

hahaha, I remember going to roller hockey... I went for one day and then quit.... not because I didn't like it... or because I was the only girl... but because I didn't know how to roller blade (to this day actually)

I can also tell you how true her obsession with books is... Like if you tried to say one thing to her while she's reading... she acts as if you're ripping out her eyelashes or something... man she's grumpy... but i'd rather interrupt her while reading than wake her up in the morning.... or anytime of day for that matter!!! (STEER CLEAR FOLKS.... DANGER LIES AHEAD!!) get her to tell you the time in Madrid when I wanted to use the pay phone ( at FIVE in the AFTERNOON!!)

HAHAHAHA I didn't know you backed into dad's truck. lol... loser!!!

lol.. good ol Brock. I remember him... did I ever tell you that I was secretly in love with him while you were dating him?? And sometimes i used to hang out with Melissa (his sister) just so i could see him.. lol

p.s. I'd say we did a pretty good job dealing with women on our travels... we sufferred as much as we could take... I couldn't sleep the other night and I kept thinking about Europe... I miss it to tell you the truth... "to be completely honest"...Twas fun!! ("good times") hahah

Love you...
Kait...
It's weird you being downstairs now... it's so much farther now if I want to pester you...

p.s.s. Yes you have been in love... or were you lying all those lonely nights you whispered sweet nothings into my ear??

Anonymous said...

-- aww! kaitlin is the best sister ever... where are you these days kaitlin? imiss o ur SICKASS convo's...

Anonymous said...

OMG Kimmy, you are the cutest! And then Kait is second cutest. Why don't you like fake people?? ahahaha!

Let's go eat bread at Red Robin!