Saturday, December 09, 2006

Decorating Diva's

So Kaylee and I mad a fantastic trip to IKEA today to get some sweet stuff for our living room. We bought pillows and amazing pillow cases, candles, a coffee table, curtains and a throw. I think we might take the throw back though as the colour of our couch actually doesn't look too bad with what we got. The coffee table is pretty sweet and it wa sonly $30. Then we went to Home Depot, picked our paint colours, and bought our paint!!! It's so exciting!! I don't really like paining, but I know it's going to look so good after. Our house is going to be decorated to match our personality so well. we're going for an Indian stlye theme in the living room with red, orange, purple, green, and gold. The walls are going to be a deep rich purple and there are candles everywhere. I'm actually writing this right now siting on the couch with the sweet pillows in the candlelight. I know, I know.... every guy that comes over here is probably going to puke a little, but we love it!

We also got yellow paint for the kitchen, hallway, and entrance. If anyone has free time this week and feels like painting, let us know as we'd love the help.

I don't really have anything in depth to write about right now. I'm just kind of floating through this holiday season so far. I love getting gifts for people and am actually a little depressed that I won't be able to get as much for eveyone. The good part is that I've become more creative with what I will get (or make) and I find that it can often be more appreciated than the bought stuff. that's all for now.

6 comments:

timmyjay said...

you kids are ridiculous. You want to know how much mine and jared's place has changed since we moved in??? NOT AT ALL. this is the difference between boys and girls ladies and gentlemen...I guess i'll have to get used to it pretty fast huh? Heck maybe you can even talk me into making dinner for you ladies one of these nights. Anyways, Asia is AMAZING and i'll be home soon. need to know anymore? miss ya kimmy!

Amanda A said...

I wanna see the finished product!!!

Laurz said...

oh dear falopian tubes,

this is going to be one awesome christmas night that I spend over at your place dudettes! AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME. We can make hot chocolate, cook some dinner, and be really cool and stuff....you know how it is. Anyways, just picked you and kaylee up a rad christmas present... YAAAAAY.

Oh man. Let me tell you, times are tight! Anyhoo.... see you SO FREEEEEEEEKING SOON cause i MISS YOU SO EFFIN MUCH.

love love love love
MEEE
xoxox

Fontaine! said...

Yeah, talk about friggin' initiative. You kids get your place and immediately, up goes the new paint, in comes the new furniture. Guess what me and Ian did at our new place. Yeah. Did a little Swiffer-ing here and there. It was hot.

The pad sounds awesome, anyway; when do I get to see it, yeah? It'll have to be approved by alumni...

Jenn's Yarn Addiction said...

OMG have a party already so I can see your place! sounds awesome!!

Laurz said...

i hate tim, he never comments on my blog